Update your domain DNS records #
To begin the process to map your domain to your new website, you must edit your domain settings to point to the Perceptions Sites server.
- Login to your domain registrar and select to manage the DNS settings for your domain.
- Add either a new CNAME record or a custom A Record.
- CNAME: Leave the hostname blank or add a @; in the data or value field add perceptionssites.com.
- A Record: Leave the hostname blank or add a @; in the data or value field add the IP address 188.8.131.52.
- If you would like the www URL for your site to redirect to the main site, create a CNAME: Add “www” to the hostname field; in the data or value field enter your root domain.
Add the domain mapping to your Perceptions Site account #
Visit your Account page in the Dashboard navigation. Scroll down to the Domains box and click the “Add Domain” link.
You will get a notice that you must update your DNS settings first. So long as you completed step one, you can move onto the next step.
Enter your desired URL, then toggle to set the domain as primary.
Your domain has been added, but will remain inactive until we have secured an SSL certificate for the domain. Once you have completed these steps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so Perceptions Site support can finalize the mapping.